Welcome back to Baldwin Wallace University. As you return and move in, Information Technology is aware of problems connecting to the wireless network. If your computer is already connected to the “BW_Stinger” Wi-Fi Network, you are all set for the school year.
If you are still having difficulties connecting your personal computer (PC) to the “BW_Stinger” Wi-Fi network. BW Information Technology has set up an alternate temporary Wi-Fi network “BW_StingNet” that will allow you to connect quickly to ease the stress of being ready for classes on Monday. To do this:
- 1 - First, make sure you’re using Windows 10 or MacOS 10.13 or higher. Older versions will not work and are no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- 2 - Go to your Wi-Fi settings and select
- 3 - When you connect here, you will be prompted for your BW username and password, enter them and click “okay.”
- 4 - You may get a certificate warning after you login. Click “Accept” or “Approve” and continue.
- 5 - Your Windows or MacOS system should now be connected to the BW_StingNet network with full internet access.
Remember that this is a temporary solution. For students using BW_StingNet, over the next couple of weeks as time allows, please contact the helpdesk to assist you with connecting to the “BW_Stinger” Wi-Fi network. We will terminate access to BW_StingNet later this semester and will send out several notifications before this occurs.
Please note that both BW_Stinger and BW_StingNet our optimized for Windows and MacOS PC’s. Do not connect your Windows or MacOS PC to the game network “BW_Hive.” You will encounter problems during the semester accessing key BW systems and websites if you do this. The Wi-Fi network BW_Hive is optimized to handle game consoles, virtual assistants (i.e., Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant), and other Internet of Things Devices.
For connecting all other Wi-Fi devices, please click here to find the appropriate support guide for your device.
If you are still having issues after reviewing these instructions, please contact the BW IT Helpdesk at 440-826-7000. The helpdesk will be open this Saturday and Sunday from 12: 00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Greg Flanik
- Chief Information Officer
- Baldwin Wallace University
- - Ranked by US News & World Report for the 26th Consecutive Year.
- - #10 Best Midwest Regional Universities
- - #7 Best Colleges for Veterans Regional Universities Midwest
- - #6 Best Undergraduate Teaching Regional Universities Midwest
- - #5 Best Value Schools in Regional Universities Midwest
- - #4 Most Innovative Schools Regional Universities Midwest
- Direct p. 440-826-2700
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregflanik/